Friday, October 29, 2010

Kanye West "Runaway" - Short Film



Now, I know a lot of you don't like Kanye and refuse to accept that Taylor Swift forgave him for what happened last year at the VMA's but lets be real... Kanye is one of the greatest artists of our time (and plus, don't you think its odd that She's well over it but much of the public isn't?). This short film is just another example of that. I haven't even gotten to watch all of it because I'm in the library studying tort law, but the first half I watched is DOPE! Not only is the soundtrack raw, but visually, artistically, originally and any other dick-ridin adjective you want to throw in there, superb. Please, put down your Vanilla-hate latte and begin appreciating what Kanye does and who he is. This guy wears his heart on his sleeve and is passionate about not only what he does, but who he is. To take a line from the Ye himself, "Everything I'm not makes me everything I am." Do you really think he'd be where he is if he was shy, passive, or indirect? We all could use some life advice from this guy whether you want to admit it or not.

Check out this short film he did with Spike Jonze. Back to Torts.


No comments: